16 Jan Ten Early Signs & Symptoms of Alzheimer’s
1. Memory loss that disrupts daily life
2. Challenges in planning or solving problems
3. Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, at work or at leisure
4. Confusion with time or place
5. Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
6. New problems with words in speaking or writing
7. Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
8. Decreased or poor judgment
9. Withdrawal from work or social activities
10. Changes in mood and personality
While research on the prevention of Alzheimer’s is still inconclusive, there are lifestyle choices, such as exercise and diet, which may help support brain health and prevent Alzheimer’s. You can also work to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s by establishing a routine and familiar surroundings.
Visit www.alz.org for more information.