30 Mar 6 Things to Consider Before Hiring a Caregiver
Posted at 09:50h in Our News
- Credentials and licensing: are they certified in CPR and first aid, do they have any health care training? Are they registered?
- Background checks: very important to know the person who is going to be taking care of your loved one and it’s CA state law.
- References: Ask for more references than offered and call them all.
- Immigration status: all must have legal status.
- Legal Matters: make a clear contract spelling out all employment terms
- Finance/taxes: paying caregivers under the table is risky and illegal.
*information cited by caregiver.org
[Photo credt: Michael Havens]